2.24.2010

Being Pregnant

This amazing (and long) journey - being pregnant - has brought with it many new things in my life. For starters...I never knew I'd be so excited about getting fat! =]

Here are a few of the other 'new things' I've discovered:

<> You must have a chair by the front door to put on your shoes...especially if you've got laces! And you can guarantee your bows will be on the side because you have to put your foot on the opposite knee in order to tie them - it's a good look!

<> You make more of an effort to watch what you eat - avoiding certain preservatives and/or food groups (like hotdogs! I know, probably not a big deal, but I read somewhere to avoid them, so I have...but come March 27th...)

<> You no longer sleep on your tummy, not only because you "shouldn't" but it's just not possible.

<> You are reminded of a favorite food - Spaghetti-O's, and just can't seem to get enough. (I am hoping those Spaghetti-O's aren't a huge contributing factor to my growing waistline...because I don't think I'll ever NOT love them!)

<> It's getting harder and harder to walk up the stairs to your apartment.

<> You read every magazine article and book about being a parent, because you want so bad to be good at it!

<> You talk to your tummy.

<> Your husband talks to your tummy. (And you think it's the cutest thing ever!)

<> You find yourself daydreaming of your slimmer days... will those pre-pregnancy clothes ever fit again?

<> You find it hard to empty a foley catheter bag while at work...or anything else that requires you to bend over!

<> You make new friends easily...strangers asking how far along you are or giving advice about parenthood, babies, or products.

<> Your shampoo and conditioner have to be changed because you stand the smell.

<> You are suddenly aware of every stroller, carseat, or baby item you see others using, while trying to decide which to buy.

<> It's okay to cry while watching a commercial.

<> You should probably not chug a ton of water before going to bed...you'll be up frequently without it!

<> Don't take your prenatal vitamin (with fish oil) on an empty stomach while driving to BART to catch a plane...it will come back up.

<> Take your prenatal vitamin at night!

<> Your husband gets so excited each time he feels the baby move...like it's the first time he's felt it!

<> It's okay that you don't feel miserable! Not everyone does while pregnant!

<> You will have a wet mark on the underside of your tummy if you lean up against the sink!

<> You find out you love maternity pants...even the kind with the big stretchy panel..they seem to hold everything in!

<> You suddenly don't care to shop for yourself...it's all baby now! (well...mostly baby)

<> The closer you get to your due date, the more scared/thrilled you get!

<> You are now a Babies R Us shopper.

<> It now takes three times as long at the thrift shops, because you are now checking out the baby and toy section! (I'll have you know I've gotten some SCREAMIN deals...like the Bumbo Chair with tray for $1.98!! Two Baby Bjorn's for $2.98 each - I had to buy two...just in case one was missing something! I think this has just sparked a whole new post!)

<> It's harder and harder to get up from the couch.

<> Your joints will ache after a day of work because you've waddled up and down that hall about a million times.

<> I think the list will forever go on and on...

But really...the rush of excitement that runs through us that this little guy is ours and we get to hold him soon is just too amazing for words!!



5 comments:

Fuller Family said...

Love the list! Too funny. By the way- you look amazing!!!

The Thornburgs said...

Lisa, you look amazing, I wished I looked so good prego! Congrats, I am so happy for you, there is nothing that compares to having and holding your baby! Enjoy every minute is goes by so fast! I have 3 boys and they are the LIGHT and JOY of our life! :)

Carol said...

YOU ARE SO CUTE!!!!

(Plus - some of the things on this list apply to me and I've never been pregnant - lol!)

Can't wait to see you and Rus and your boy :)

Vehars said...

You are just too cute prego! Your list is great, my favorite, the jeans, I wish they made regular jeans with a stretch panel!

Unknown said...

Lisa that was awesome! So whats my excuse if I get weepy eyes for reading the list.............maybe cuz my baby will be 7 in less than a week.............