7.28.2008

Knee Surgery

Rustin had his second, and hopefully last, knee surgery today in Sacramento. The MD said the surgery went really well. Rustin's meniscus was torn, as suspected, and repaired nicely. And the "forgein body" behind his knee was also totally excised and the doctor said he'd never seen any thing like it before. He said, and I quote, "It was WEIRD looking tissue." So we're anxious to see what the pathology report has to say.

Overall, we are really happy with the surgery. This time around Rustin is less nauseated and his pain is better controlled! He's got a immbolization brace that he's to wear for at least 2 weeks that keeps his knee straight.

Here's a little video clip I got of Rustin in recovery...he is a little loopy from the pain meds/anesthesia. It's pretty funny, enjoy!

16 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I love that he is such a good sport!! What a great patient! Get the man some ice, would ya?

Jess and Matt said...

And get him some orange chicken, with sauce, too!!! Haha, that was SO funny...loved it. He really is a good sport.

Kellie said...

LOL Pip down Rustin! Sheesh!!
Dude I seriously hope this is going to do it for ya! Leese thanks for recording...here's to orange chicken with hot sauce

The Duckers said...

OK....this is Dorian, I don't myspace or blog or anything like that, but Melissa made me watch this and it is so HILARIOUS I had to leave a comment. You need to keep that video clip forEVER!!! Did you ever get that orange chicken? And Lisa, kudos on the recording, I would have been laughing so hard the camera wouldn't have been able to focus!

The Duckers said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That was the best thing in my entire life! I think I'm going to watch that everyday for the next week. Thanks for the entertainment Rustin! I was laughing so hard that I was crying. That hasn't happened for a while, and I just love the feeling.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Oh MAN. :o)
Hope the knee heals this time, and you're back to normal soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Rustin is my favorite recovery duder ever. That video was hilarious. I'm so happy he's my brother. haha. YES!
~matter

The Cureton Family said...

That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Laughed so hard it made me cry.
Rus when tings get rough click on this.
We love you! Hope this does it for you!!

Alan said...

Dude, I hope your knee feels better and it doesn't feel like someone is pulling your arm off, OVER. Hilarious! The guys here get a kick out of it too!! Take care bro.

Vehars said...

Oh my gosh that was hilarious! Good luck with the recovery!

Fuller Family said...

That was the funniest thing we have ever seen. Thanks for the great laugh. Hope all continues to go well for you guys. We miss and love y'all.
Trina and Nate

The Stephenson Family said...

I just sent you an email reply too but I just had to reply here too. This video is a HOOOOT! The kids, Rich and I watched this over and over again and laughed sooooo hard!
We are thinking of Rus often and keeping him in our prayers.

Loves,

Linds

Anonymous said...

Kelli and I just watched the video!!It was soooo funny!!! I don't think I've ever heard Rustin talk that much at one time!! Heres wishing him a speedy recovery.
-Diane (mom)

Cam and Chelle said...

Laugh out loud funny! Cam and I were both saying we've NEVER heard Rus talk that much in one sitting! What a good sport! Hope the recovery is speedy!

Jessica said...

That's hecka funny :)

Anonymous said...

Rustin, brother...I think I just wet my pants. Hurry back to work, everyone misses you and we have a bucket of orange chicken and a 20 pound bag of ice waiting for you. Lisa, please find out what they gave him for the surgery and make SURE we have plenty of it left to slip into a random drink of Rustin's every now and then, you know, only on the rough days when we're feeling a little down.

Mike Moore

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Barrett and I could not stop laughing! This gave us an "Ab Workout" just watching how loopy Rus was...that double orange chicken story with him and barrett was tooooo funny!!! Rus you're the best!!!