We called the treatment center to talk to the hemophilia nurse and tell her about our ER experience and how Blake's thigh was looking today...moving his leg a little more, but still swollen and now bruised. I emailed her a pic of his chubby little thigh and she called right back saying to bring him in for another infusion.
So...we packed the diaper bag and left for UC Davis.
When we got to the infusion room, Blake was all smiles as his vitals were collected and while we played in the crib as the nurse mixed his factor.
He got a little worried as we laid him down and new people gathered round...he knew what was coming! =(
Blake was sad during the poke and while being held down...but as soon as we were done, he was smiles and laughing again.
Is this not the saddest picture EVER??!?! I'm posting it to share how Blake gets his medicine. He is SUCH A TROOPER!!
We distracted him with a Baby Einstein movie while we held pressure at the IV site and he giggled away!!
The nurses in the infusion room were awesome...a much better experience than the ER visit.
They couldn't get over how cute and happy Blake was! (we agree!)
Back at home, Blake and his Mater bandaid!
And look...by the evening Blake was able to suck on his favorite toes again!
The nurses at the hospital gave Blake this bear because he was so brave!
We feel so happy & blessed that Blake is able to feel better after his infusion!



1 comment:
OH my gosh!!! I hate seeing babies in the hospital! I hated it when MASE was in the hospital and I hate seeing others there too!
I'm so sorry about your little guy!
Post a Comment