photo taken 10.21.10
My little Blake,
You are growing up way too fast! I find myself missing the newborn Blake, but at the same time so incredibly excited for the new things you are learning & doing. This last month you have really turned into a little boy...and I'm LOVING it. You are now getting around all by yourself...rolling in all directions, turning & twisting, reaching & scooting.
Since we've stop swaddling you for naps & bedtime, you have become a tummy sleeper, a side sleeper, a half-on-your-side-&-tummy sleeper, a squished-in-the-corner sleeper, a hands-tucked-under-your chest sleeper. It's so funny to check on you and see what crazy position you've fallen asleep in! Also, since you are no longer a swaddlee, and have free rein of your crib, you take longer to fall asleep. Dad & I get a kick out of listening to you roll around, kicking the mattress and talking to your pals who you nap with. You love to watch the night light that projects on the ceiling and of course your bear mobile!
You can sit yourself up from laying on your back or tummy! This new skill has also lengthened fall-asleep-time.
Last night after I tucked you in...you made your usual noises & then you were quiet. It had been awhile since I heard a peep...so I assumed you were sound asleep...but much to my surprise when I walked in your room to cover you up...you were sitting upright and smiling from ear to ear! You are so sneaky! I laughed out loud as you flapped your arms and kicked your legs in delight!
A couple days ago...I went into your room to get you up for the day and you were on your hands and knees! Not going anywhere...just up on all fours! Now this time, I flapped my arms and kicked in delight! Soon we will have to really Blake-proof our house! (and that's just fine!)
You still put everything in your mouth, except your toes lately! Maybe they don't hold the same appeal as they did when you were 6 months old or maybe their flavor changed...whatever the reason, it's okay...your toes still know you love 'em! (however, as I type this...I look over at you on the floor to see you with your toes in your mouth! go figure!)
Your vocabulary skills are ever expanding. Still, your favorite thing to say, is "Daadaa, daaaadaaa, daaaad." (though we keep practicing "Momma," it has yet to pass your lips) But your latest, and most funny sound is..."Oooooooooh!" You make the cutest 'O' with your lips, eyebrows up, and say, "Ooooooooh!!" You do it all the time & every time it makes dad & I laugh. Then there's your contagious laugh & fake laugh...LOVE THEM both!
If you had to choose between hanging out at home or going out...you'd choose to go out! You love to be out seeing the world and especially watching other kids play! The other night you and I went to the pumpkin farm with friends...and though you're too little to do most of the activities...you had a ball watching the kids run around. You and dad still go on your daily walks...you two watch the cars drive by and the kids play at the park...and you love every minute of it! If you are ever sad, as soon as you go outside you are happy!
You love texture and love to scratch everything!(I think it's just because you are so curious!!) Your little fingernails grow so darn fast...it's hard to keep up with them. Your favorite things to scratch are your sheets, skin (OUCH!), the boppy, the computer desk & keyboard, and your clothes. Your favorite textures are the crinkle books & soft blocks, tassels on blankets, any tag on toys or clothes, shoelaces, the pokey balls, momma's hair, the carpet, denim, and the bins for your toys.
I think with all these new skills, you think you are pretty neat stuff...dad & I have to agree! Thanks for keeping dad and I entertained!
We love you!

1 comment:
I really enjoyed reading this note to Blake. So cute.
Post a Comment