4.04.2011

Steri-Strips & Skin Glue

I hope this is our only ER visit this month! 

Last night, Blake's evening nap was going long...and we were a worried he wouldn't go back down at bedtime.
So we woke him up.
For being awakened from a nap...he was happy!
(and the happy moments have been rare over here the last few days thanks to a killer cold and double ear infections!)

Blake was walking all around the house, carrying his new favorite toy...the thermometer...laughing and giggling. I gave him a "I'm-gonna-get-you" look, he squealed and took off speed walking down the hall, while I crawled behind. When all of the sudden his little legs couldn't keep up with his top half and he fell, banging his head hard on the carpet.

He let out a huge scream.
I scooped him up and saw the blood.

Initially I thought it was his mouth, maybe his tooth had nicked his lip.
Then I saw the red stream coming from his right eyebrow.

He cried and smeared the blood all over his face.
But then, the most amazing thing happened...Blake stopped bleeding!!


Thank you factor replacement therapy!!


Here's the damage...

IMG_2317copy

We ended up in the ER got steri-stripped and glued back together. In and out in 10 minutes!

IMG_2365copy

This was him tonight at dinner. Gosh it's amazing, there's barely any bruising.
It really looks worse that it is, the skin glue made it bleed a smidge, so now it's dried on.

I'm so grateful for modern medicine that made a fall like this pretty minor for a boy like ours!

YAY!





9 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh my gosh! That made me cry. Oh I'm solo grateful.

Kritta22 said...

That's suppose to be sooo

Amanda said...

Gosh, and he's only a year old! Life will be crazy in the Stephenson household! So glad he's ok!!!

Fuller Family said...

That was sad! I'm glad he's ok. Wow he's such a big boy. Blake and Ty will be good buddys :)
we sure love you guys!

Josh and Megan said...

Oh poor blakey!!! Dag-nab-it....Those things are just gonna happen! I try to keep it from happening, but it just HAPPENS!!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

man, oh man! Poor little blakey boy. So sorry this happened, especially since he's been sick lately. Hang in there Leese and Rus...we love you guys and BLAKE TOO (of course).

Ryan n Heidi said...

Oh little Blakers!!
Happy to hear it was a quick 'in adn out' of the ER but sheesh!
What a tough little guy (and his parents too!)
Cannot wait to squeeze him!
Love you guys!
Oh...and the bubble wrap is on its way...haa haa

Melanie Papworth said...

Oh! Poor guy! Kambree did something similar - hit a coffee table right on her brow bone. Has a scar, cuz I was an idiot and didn't taker her in! Good job taking him to the doc!! :) He'll thank you later!

Rachelle said...

oh lisa! that makes me happy (that he stopped bleeding of course, not the fall).

ER visits are the worst.

and blake is the cutest. he is starting to look a little boy. weird how it happens so fast, isn't it?