3.27.2012

2 Years

IMG_4856copy3IMG_4960copy2IMG_4814copy
photos taken 3.24.12

Dear Blake,

You never cease to amaze me.
In your two years of life you have been through so much and yet you continue to have a smile on your face. You've got such a sweet spirit and I am so so very glad you are apart of our family.

You are completely obsessed with basketball! Daddy has played a silly song for you called, "Basketball Jones" and since then you run around saying, "Bass-a-ball juuump!" I actually think you think basketball-jump is one word! You say it when you are shooting hoops (see video below), when you are being shy, & while you are watching March Madness! (Which by the way...I don't know what we are going to do when basketball season is over. You ask to watch "bass-a-ball" at least 5 times a day!) The basketball hoop we got for your birthday it pretty high...but you have got the swoosh down pat! But you still like to dunk it on your mini hoop.


You insist on sleeping with not one, but at least 3 basketballs and usually a football or two. When it's time for bed, you gather up as many balls as you can carry and then make me or daddy carry the rest. All the while saying, "Bye byeeee!" to all your toys & various things in the house. My favorites are, "Bye byeee va-cuum! Bye byeeee butters! (aka peanut butter) Bye byeee bass-a-ball juuump!" Too funny! You also love to kiss everything goodbye. And usually make us kiss your toys goodbye too. 

Along with all your sports balls in bed...you also must have McQueen and now baby McQueen and your blankies. We use the snake grandma E made you to keep you from rolling out of bed and it's worked great!! You also must have your phone to sleep with. Dad found an old phone of ours that you LOVE to carry around. You talk on it a lot and I love when you put it to your ear and say, "Hi! It's Bake!" You especially love your red phone because it has the Cars song on it, 'Life is a Highway.' You hum along with it while it repeats over & over. 

IMG_2577IMG_3512IMG_3693IMG_3689

Needless to say...it it quite an ordeal to get you & all your stuff to bed. (And we thought we were being smart not getting you hooked to a binkie...ha)

That said...you still are one awesome sleeper!
Your nap is usally 2-3 hours and you sleep from 8:30ish pm to about 7am!

One of your favorite foods right now is, and has been, cereal. You even drink the milk out of the bowl! Lately you've been not eating dinner...then when you're hungry asking for cereal! (Now...I too LOVE cereal & it seems I've passed that on to you...but you've gotta eat other stuff too!) You also love anything you can dip in ketchup, ranch, or mustard. The other day for lunch you insisted on dipping your pb&honey in mustard! Silly boy! But you ate it all! You are also still a gum chewer and have been asking for "Hot gum?" Yes, you like the spicy cinnamon gum that burns MY mouth.

When you are in the mood to watch a cartoon...you're usually asking for Thomas, Hot Dog (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), or Chuggington. You call Chuggington, "Chuckingness" and many times add 'ingness' to the ends of other words. It's so funny! Before the Thomas & Friends episodes there's a little kid yoga session that you get a kick out of doing. It's so cute to watch you copy the kids on the TV stretching.

You're still not a fan of nursery...and even when we go into the church building you get nervous & prefer to be carried. I think you'll really like nursery someday...it's fun & there's always yummy snacks! Speaking of church, I think we are going to have to move where we sit. We usually are in the overflow in the cultural hall, but since your obsession with basketball we have to shush you through the whole meeting because you are pointing and saying "bass-a-ball jump!" or "BAAAAASS-A-BOLL!"

Mr. Blake...I really cannot believe that you are already two, TWO! Wow.
I remember holding you in my arms for the first time...you were mine and I was YOUR mom. I am so excited for you and what your future holds! Thanks for being such a good boy!

Love you!
Love,
Mom



No comments: