8.01.2012

This Boy

IMG_2027copy2

After dropping off gramma...Blake & I stopped at Oakland Children's to get Blake weighed.
His hemo team wanted to make sure he's still on the proper factor dose, based on his weight.

I feel so blessed that Blake's hemophilia has been managed so well. 
We've been really lucky to not have any bleeds since that scary one in 2010. 
No joint bleeds, no muscle bleeds, no nothing!

I feel blessed that we live in an age where we have the ability 
to treat this potentially crippling & fatal disorder. 
Just 20 years ago, this disorder ravaged so many boys & their families. 

At today's appointment, Blake weighed 29 lbs! 


*****

After the clinic Blake I headed over to IKEA to spend some time money.
And because B was so great during our adventure, we shared an ice cream cone. 
He LOVED it!

As we were walking to the car he said, "Yeah, dats a cool store!"

Yes, yes Blake it is!

IMG_2076IMG_2078
IMG_2848IMG_2074



No comments: