6.15.2010


I know as each day passes I get more and more behind...but updating this blog seem so overwhelming! So much has happened since March 22. So I guess I'll start at the beginning...

March 22, 2010

After being pushed off a week, we were FINALLY on our way to meet our little guy!

08:00 check in to room 3520. (it was the WEIRDEST thing, being a patient! Usually I am helping patients put on their gowns, and now I was putting on my own...soooo weird!)
09:40 induction began...I had to lay flat for 2 hours. The first hour was great...I didn't feel a thing, though they said I was having contractions. (feeling good...I can do this!) The second hour, brought on a few aches and pains...but nothing I couldn't handle!

11:40 unhooked from the monitors and strolling the halls.
15:15 pitocin started...hoping to get this show on the road. I was still only dilated 2cm!

16:00 sorta, kinda feeling contractions...things seem to be moving sloooow. The doctor said he hopes we have a baby by tomorrow noon-time. (tomorrow!!! oh, NO...I can't wait until TOMORROW!!)

17:30 water broke, by the doc...still only dilated 2cm.

18:00 contractions getting stronger and more frequent...the anesthesiologist said he wouldn't start an epidural on me until I received a special medicine to help my blood clot and that I had to have the medicine 30 minutes prior to receiving the epidural. Around this time, the pain was there, but still manageable with breathing and my amazing coach, Rustin!

19:00 special medicine, DDAVP, infusing...so I could get an epidural! By this time...the pain was almost unbearable! Contractions were hard with that dang pitocin and it seemed like as soon as one finished there was one right behind it! The pitocin had even been slowed because the contractions were getting too close together.

19:15 pain medicine given IV. DDAVP still infusing...and I am fully looking forward to soon being pain free!

19:30 contractions felt different, we called the nurse...cause I wanted to push! The nurse checked me then started rearranging things in the room and said, "we are having a baby!" I was a 10! YAY...but...wait...what about the epidural? What about being pain free? Where's the anesthesiologist? I can't do this!
It was too late! This little guy was coming.

20:08 Blake Thomas was born, weighing 7lbs 4oz, 20 inches long. Holding that little guy for the first time was the most AMAZING thing! This teeny guy was ours! He was perfect!



That first night was a tough one...Blake spent most of the night in the nursery because of an abnormal PTT...so the doctor ordered a head sonogram to rule out a brain bleed, especially because there was a possibility he may have hemophilia.

Rustin and I waited and waited for the test to be done so we could snuggle our baby. It was both scary and frustrating not knowing what was going on!

When they finally brought him to us...he slept so good! We were all able to catch up on some much needed sleep.


March 23, 2010

First Family Pic

We found out the next day the sonogram of Blake's head was negative for a bleed! YAY! Now we anxiously awaited lab work that would tell us if Blake had hemophilia...we were told it would be about 5 days! We had a suspicion he had hemophilia when his little heal stick was still oozing through his bandaid 24hrs after the poke.

March 24, 2010

Blake is home sweet home! It was the craziest thing...leaving the hospital with someone sitting in the backseat. He did so well on the hour ride home!


3.26.10

March 27, 2010 - April 3, 2010

Grandpa and Grandma Erdmann and Aunt Kelli came to visit!


Lots of 'firsts'
first walk, 3.29.10

first bath, 3.28.10

meeting cousins

first holiday, Easter

first outing, the Apple Store, 4.6.10

first bite! 4.9.10

first bumbo experience, 4.16.10

first bottle, 4.20.10

first mother's day,

first plane ride, 4.26.10


Speaking of first plane ride...we spent the end of April and a good chunk of May in Idaho visiting family.

While in Boise, Blake Thomas was blessed by his daddy on May 1! We were lucky to be surrounded by family! Both Grandpa's and Grandma's, aunts and uncles, and so many cousins!


Blake's Blessing




Before Blake was born, Rustin spent the month of February in Idaho making us furniture! We came up with designs we both liked and Rustin went to work! However, we had no idea how involved it really was and how long it was going to take! As Blake's due date approached...we decided he better get home.

After B was born we decided this would be the only chance to get to Idaho and finish it up! (since I was still on maternity leave.)

I was blown away when we got to Rustin's parents and saw the pieces...during February, Rustin was pretty hush hush about the furniture, I think he wanted the final products to be a surprise.


Furniture Collage


first a dye was sprayed on...to make the cherry-wood less cherry and more yummy chocolatey...

Furniture Collage 2


the stain...
Furniture Collage2


It's now home safe in our house! It's beautiful...just missing hardware. I'm having a hard time deciding!! I'll post complete pics someday!


Family Idaho 2010


Collage5


4.29.10

5.4.10 this kiddo has us wrapped around his finger!

5.8.10 We visited with Melissa and her kiddos. I think Blake was getting hungry...

5.16.10 Grandma Ann watched Blaker while Rustin & I went for a little adventure on this thing....SOOO fun!Collage7


5.17.10 Rustin dropped Blake and I at the airport so we could get settled before I started back to work. We didn't think Blake could handle the 15+ hour drive home, in a Uhaul full of furniture.

5.17.10 Boise Airport


7 comments:

Syd said...

You have such a wonderful little family! So glad you posted :) Keep us updated when you can.

Camey said...

Love his picture on 4-29 with the hood. He is such a cutie! Can't believe you were going so slow and then preogressed that far! Do you think you will get an epidural next time? Also...you didn't even look like you had a baby at the hospital nor after! You are so pretty and so jealous how small you stay! Love your genes!
Anyhow, you look great is what I am saying.
You never mentioned agained if Blake has the hemp(don't know how to spell). Hope all is well with that!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

YAY!!! Welcome back to blogging!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR UPDATE!!!!! All the pics are awesome leese!!!! And that Blakey boy is a CUTIE PIE!!! I seriously love him!!!!

Cam and Chelle said...

Love the update! Blake is darling, the furniture is a.w.e.s.o.m.e. You all look great, so happy, and such a cute family! xoxo

Josh and Megan said...

YAY FOR THE UPDATE!!!! It's always fun to read someone elses birthing experience after I have experienced it myself! Thanks for the WHOLE UPDATE!!!! How awesome! He is adorable! I love the furniture too!

Melanie Papworth said...

Loved that post! Especially the smiley face edited in...adorable.
Cool furniture!

Kellie said...

Leese! I'm so impressed you can remember all the details but I guess you really never forget. :)
I had a blast reading through and looking at the great family pictures. You really have a talent!
Love that boy!!