11.11.2010

Ladies Man

Yes, he is *quite* the ladies man...at least at the grocery store and Target (oh...and the thrift shops!) This kid has - 90% of the time - a smile on his face. So, it's no wonder he's a charmer. It's fun to see people watch him as we are out and about...I usually catch them walking by a big smile on their face.


Theses pics are proof this boy loves to play with anything that is not technically a toy (other loves are: the paper bag full of empty water bottles = heaven; the baby lotion bottles; mom or dad's phones; the computer chair legs; the rugs; and painted toenails!). He's always eyeing this baby monitor when we're snuggling in bed...and if he nursing while in our bed, you can bet he straining his neck to look at it. (it must be the red lights? he's mesmerized by the alarm clock too!)


Well, on the 'Get Done List' for today was deep clean the kitchen and maybe a bedroom...but AT LEAST the kitchen. Gosh darn it, this boy bust out his charm and I couldn't help but just play with him! Seriously, how can one little kid be so much fun, not to mention hilarious! Needless to say...the kitchen got a shallow clean!

Okay...so let me tell you...this boy is one crawling machine, he gets around and FAST! It's hard to keep him corralled on the soft area we have for him. (the 'soft area' is down mattress topper on the floor that is wrapped with a blanket...this serves at some padding for skinny little body!) So...we've learned to adjust and now have pillows scattered around the room covering corners and edges of furniture.

Along with speed crawling, he's also Mr. Curious! He is in to everything! The other day he pulled a basket off his toy shelf and the basket got stuck on his head! (you can see the video on youtube under 'my videos' on the right) Today he discovered the slippery surface of the kitchen and entry floor...he thought he was pretty neat stuff! He's always reaching his little hands under the end tables trying to reach cords or under the computer desk. Earlier today I caught him pulling open the coat closest door, which was cracked, and peeking in. If his car seat is within reach, he bee-lines straight for that to play with the buckles. This boy is everywhere...and I LOVE it! It's amazing how quick kids learn...and how he can now get what he wants on his own!



Today, I'm hoping, also marked a huge breakthrough! Blake slept from 9:30pm last night until this 5:00am!! (he did have quite the exhausting day yesterday!) Then he woke up...nursed and went right back to sleep until 8:40. Yay Blake! He took another long, 2 hour nap from 11:00 - 1:00! And another from 3:30 - 4:30! He was ready for bed around 8:00pm and went down with no objection! (hopefully, announcing this is not going to jinx us!)

During his awake hours...he was so happy and so much fun. I couldn't get anything done...for fear I might miss a silly face, or laugh, or miss watching him get around on his own! What can I say, I am so in love...being a mom... being Blake's mom, is the most rewarding job!

photo taken 11.10.10



Love you baby bear!

1 comment:

The Stephenson Family said...

What a great post, Lees! These kiddos of ours are a blast, aren't they! Wait till he can walk!!!!