11.18.2010

Random Things

Have you ever seen a cute puppy or kitty...and just wanted to squeeze them, simply because of their cuteness. Or find yourself gritting your teeth so you don't actually squeeze them? Well, that is how I feel about Blake! Ugh...he's always doing something funny, his cuteness is off the charts! (now...I realize I may be a little biased, but I've had strangers tell me he's "so cute!" So there! tee-hee-heeee.) I mean...just look at that little smirk...those little scratches on his nose and upper lip...those squeezable cheeks...and that little tummy spilling over his waistband...pretty much sums up cute in my book.





Right now in our bathroom mirror, I have an ongoing list of Blake's quirks and tricks...so, before I clean the bathroom and wash the mirror, forgetting them...here they are:

While in the bath and all soapy...Blake tries to pick up the bubbles in the water. It's so funny to watch him concentrate and chase them only to have them slip through his fingers.

His right thumb...his double thumb...is always in his mouth. More to chew on I guess, I'd pick that one too!

When laid down in the crib, Blake pulls the blanket up over his head...then uncovers his face as if to say, "peek-a-boo!"

Only takes a binkie when laying down for a nap, and only uses it at a teether, closes his gums down around it, then snaps it out with his hand.

Everything becomes a drum...with his right hand constantly slapping everything. 

All toys must be out of their bins while Blake is playing. He is very good at taking toys out one by one or rocking the bin until it bops him in the head and spills its contents.

Tries to break through the various pillow barricades around the house by head butting them and rocking...it's hilarious.

Likes to throw toys and then chase after them...favs to through are those foamy bath letters and the fabric crinkle blocks. 

Will not eat the puffy baby snacks...it's like he doesn't appreciate the texture...as soon as one touches his lips, he sticks out his tongue, shivers, and turns his head. 

While outside on a walk...if you ask Blake where the flag is...he always looks and finds it. (there's a flag in our parking lot)

Darth Vader must be a distant relative, because he's got that mouth breathing thing down...or maybe it's more like a pant?! Anyhow, it's cute!



I am so thankful for this boy! 
I keep telling him 'thanks for coming to our family!' I hope he's glad he did!





3 comments:

our crazy home said...

yep agreed!! he is soo cute! i could not stop laughing, the look , the belly and the shirt! u are cheap he should charge $5 a picture!

Melanie Papworth said...

I am SURE he is glad he came to your family, and none other! You guys are amazing parents!!!!!

The Booher Family said...

Just making a pit stop to everyone's blogs :) I love hearing the little random things Blake does. I think its so cool that you are that detailed. We are still keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers.