1.15.2012

Sunday

On our way to church

IMG_0671

Me: "Blake do you want to go to church?"
Blake: "Yeaah."

Me: "Blake do you like church?"
Blake: "Yeaah."

Me: "Blake do you want to go to play with your friends at church?"
Blake: "Yeaah."

Me: "Blake do you want to go to nursery?"
Blake: "NoO." (said ever so sweetly!)

Blake has been reeeeally struggling with nursery. As soon as Sacrament meeting is about to end, he gets very nervous and clingy. As we walk to nursery he usually is fine because he's cruising ahead of us...but as soon as we stop at that door he's in tears. It's so sad! He's now of the older kids in there and there's only a couple kids...but he's just not in to it. So I usually stay for the first hour and then try to sneak off to Young Women's the last half. 

Today Blake stayed for most of third hour, but I could hear him screaming down the hall when he'd realized I left. I HATE, HATE, HATE just disappearing...how scary for a little kid...but it's the only way I can ever get out. When his leader finally brought him to me all he would say was "Outside! Outside!" Poor kid...he's gotta get over it...but how?! When?! 

When we are actually IN nursery...he loves the play kitchen! He'll turn the facet on & off, while saying, "Brope-din!" (AKA - 'broken' because no water actually comes out!) He also loves to drive the cars on the road-mat and slide the cars down the slide. He is usually totally uninterested in the lesson and prefers to yank on the pad locks keeping the toy bins closed. He loves the animal crackers during snack time and asks ever so nicely for more water with a "Klease?" ('please') and saying the sweetest little "tank chew." 




No comments: