The perinatologist called me this AM to apologize and say he'd forgotten to have my factor VIII checked prior to delivery and that the quickest the lab can get results back is 3 - 5 days!! So, he wants to see me this Thursday and reschedule the induction for next Monday, March 22!!
Talk about a let down!
However, Rustin and I talked and we've decided this is 'change of plans' is really a blessing...we now have another week for us! (call us selfish...but we're gonna have FUN!) PLUS, I still have a looong 'to do' list! PLUS, the longer this little guy stays in there, the stronger he'll be! (and hopefully not too much BIGGER!) PLUS, by waiting until next week the MD that knows us best is oncall.
With that said...today I tore apart our hall closet...reorganized all the drawers, refolded all the towels, sheets, and blankets so they look nice, and added baby towels & washcloths to the linens!! (they looks so cute and snuggly!)
The downside to staying home most of the day was listening to our neighbor work in his yard and cough...I SWEAR he coughed every 10 seconds, ALL DAY! If you are that sick...maybe you shouldn't be raking your patchy grass all darn day! (I guess I was just easily annoyed today...after our bummer news) Rustin saved us and turned up our music!
So, here's to another week of adventure, pre-baby!
3.15.10 Baby Stevie's room

6 comments:
BUMMER! I know for sure I would have cried and felt sorry for myself. That last bit of pregnancy is so uncomfortable and you just want that baby so bad! I can't imagine how you feel, but way to be positive! I love the shelf and how you organized all the fun stuff. You look amazing.
"the week for US".. could you guys be any cuter? probably NOT! good luck my dear, and i hope you guys have an amazing last week! :)
Mabye Baby Stevie's plan is to surprise you before Monday!
I hope you enjoy all your "YOU" and "US" time! I was telling Dorian how nice that would be. How you were telling us before about your "last weekend kid-less" is so foreign to us. We've just never really known when our little kiddies would show up! Carson 5 days late, James 9 days early and Tessa 7 days late.
I wish the best for you 2 in your last week!
And can I just say that your little baby boy looks spoiled already!!! I don't think my kids ever had that many cool toys when I had them....well, at least they weren't organized all cute like you have it!
On a selfish note, I'm excited for the daily posts and pictures leading up to this baby's arrival! :o)
My heart broke when I heard the news! I cannot imagine what you must have been feeling...but I do like your idea of living it up *kid-less.* We did the same thing!
Good luck gettin' your list done!
Baby Stevies room is DARLING!
I was soooo excited for Monday! But the 22nd will be cool too. I suppose the longer baby cooks the stronger he'll be, right? You look fabulous and I love what you did with the closet, so organized!
Love you guys!
oh dang....MORE time to get stuff done i guess!!!! Oh how I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET/SEE HIM!!!!
Post a Comment