Blake tried a teething biscuit today for the first time! He was a little hesitant at first...pushing it off the tray, not wanting to pick it up. I took a bite out of one end, "MMMmmmm," then he decided it was okay to hold. He first licked it...made a face...then gave it a little nibble...then he was hooked! By the end he was a sticky, biscuity mess...but I think he enjoyed it.
Since starting to crawl, officially, last Friday...each day he's getting more coordinated, more confidant and in to everything! Today I realized our little place is soooo NOT baby proof! He's after any little thing on the carpet...crumbs, leaves, or feathers (from his little play area...we put a down mattress topper with a blanket over it for padding, feathers are always escaping) scratching at it, trying to pick it up. He's obsessed with the computer chair...I don't know if it's the shiny gray of the legs or the texture that's he's more in to. He loves to pull out the toy bins and either take out each toy, it they're easy to grab, or shake & tip the bin until they all fall out. He loves anything that is not a toy...water bottle, tv remote, camera, phone, cords, lotion bottle, wipes, shoes, painted toenails...and when it's spotted he makes a bee-line straight for it!
Today I caught him scooting the books off the shelf...he pulled himself up to where they were at decided they all needed to come down. As I watched him, I couldn't help but laugh! I put all the books back, to see if he'd do it again - oh and to video tape it - and sure enough he did!
With this new skill, Blake is a kid on the go (with mom & dad hovering)...I just hope we keep the bruising to a minimum. It's so fun to watch him figure things out and learn new things! And his little crawl...it just kills me!
Keep up the good work mister.



5 comments:
Chase loved those biscuits - but they are so messy! I can't wait until Ellie can sit and play, it's so fun to watch babies. :)
HEE HEE!!! Love the bisquit pics! And the video of him with his book! SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!
I totally remember when MASON started doing this and I thought to myself the SAME THING..."I NEED TO BABY PROOF MORE"
;)
Hey Lisa
Our Walmart sales what are called baby mum mums. they come in a box individual boxed. There are different flavors. They are baby rice cakes....Mckenzie loved them!! AND THEY ARE NOT MESSY!
Gotta love those awesome messy biscuits!
Post a Comment