With 80 degree weather at the coast, we couldn't help but go to our favorite place...Santa Cruz! We got there bright and early so Rustin could hit up the surf, while Blake and I played on the beach. Blake was such a good boy...watching a doggy play catch was the highlight of his morning...not to mention the handfuls of sand he managed to grab while momma wasn't looking! That boy is fast!
When Rustin met back up with us, he said the waves were the biggest he's ever seen...and he got beat up! He went on to mention he seriously thought he might die at one point...and that his arms just couldn't keep him afloat much longer! It's a good thing he's got those big strong muscly arms that brought him back to safety, and to me & Blake!!
Here's our set up...I scored that little pop-up tent at a thrift shop for $2...later saw it at Baby's R Us for $37.99!! That made me smile. We basically had the beach to ourselves most of the morning...except for a city worker in a big tractor thing...see it in the top right corner...he nicely asked us to move to the other end of the beach so he could clean up the sea weed. So...I lugged Blake and all our junk from where he is by the rocks to this new spot! He could've offered to help! =]
We had a great time! The only hard part was poor Blake didn't really get his morning nap. He's so used to falling asleep in his crib...he has a hard time falling asleep anywhere else...so the afternoon was rough for him!


3 comments:
I totally have the little OUTFIT with the EARS too! Mason loved it! I hated that he grew out of it! It's the best and WARM little sweatsuit!
looks like a fun time. So glad Rus is ok.
Love you guys!
I was gonna say the same thing...Mason had that outfit too. Super cute pics (as always). I just played "Catch up" on your blog...love all the videos, especially the ones of blakey boy laughing at the animals at the petting zoo. And his "O" face is soooooooo cute!!!! xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment