I am so incredibly grateful for Shriner's Hospital...who has an amazing hand surgeon, Dr. McCarroll who will be performing Blake's thumb surgery.
Today we met with the anesthesiologist to discuss Blake's treatment plan recommended by our hematologist. It was during this appointment that he decided we should get this surgery done asap...so Blake was scheduled for 7am on December 2nd. It was also decided we would spend one night in the hospital for observation. =(
Since we were in Sacramento...Blake & I hit up a couple thrift shops of course. But only after I found a bank because I realized I didn't have my wallet...no money or ID, so not cool. Oh, AND my gas light had turned on halfway to Sacramento! Luckily my bank believed I was who I said I was. =]
Our day in photos...

Passing the car ride with his favorite book & "caaaaahrs"blanket.
("caaaaaahrs" is always plural!)

Blake always gets a sucker when we check in to the clinic at Shriner's.


Blake insisted I try these sweet green shoes on while thrifting.
This stroller was the only thing that kept Blake happy...so we bought it ($1.98) for a friend.
Blake needed to "eaT" (emphasis on the 'T')
We scored the jackpot on some fun books!

2 comments:
What does he have to have done on his thumb? How do you guys afford all these medical bills? I know that is nosy, but I just can't imagine!
Thanks for the saweet stroller! The kids fight over it and I have to set the timer so they take turns- but it's so worth it to catch their pure joy.
Post a Comment