3.17.2010

San Francisco


Today our travels took us to San Francisco! We love that city...however there is NO WAY I could ever live there!

Waaay too many people, way too many people who smoke, way too much traffic, and no parking!

Wicked, the musical has been playing in SF for a long while...we got a chance to go see it last year and were blown away! Those performers are amazing!! In planning our 'week-for-us' I really wanted to see a show...since it's not the most easy thing to do with a little one.



The theater has a deal where they sell a select number of tickets by lottery prior to each show for $25!

Feeling lucky...we both entered our names, requesting 2 tickets, and waited for the drawing!




I didn't realize how nervous I would get as names started to be drawn! Then we heard it..."Lisa Stephenson!" Woo HOOO!!! We were seeing the show!




Favorite part about this photo...click it to check out the dude in the orange hat! He must have forgot it was 'green day'! =]

Again, we were blown away with the performance! I hope someday to be able to take my kids to shows like this...they are awesome!

After the show, and to avoid 'going-home-traffic' from the city, we bummed around town. And yes, you guessed it...we even found a thrift shop! There was also a farmer's market going on and we got the BEST baby tangerines...I think I ate the whole 2lb bag we bought! YUM!

Another super fun day!

Tomorrow, we see the doctor...maybe our "Us" week will get cut short?! I'll keep ya posted!

4 comments:

Matt said...

that picture with the guy in the orange is so cool!

Amanda said...

I didn't know there was a lottery! I'm sure lots of people put their names in, but it's good to know... :)

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, when we went to the show we walked around afterwards... I was surprised at how many people walked past us smoking pot! Some funny people down there!

Melanie Papworth said...

Totally JEALOUS!