3.01.2010

Big News

Today I went to see Dr. H, the perinatologist that is taking over my care and he gave me some exciting news!!

BUT first...I got to see baby Stevie...(that's what my sister Kelli calls him) through another ultrasound - checking for spontaneous bleeds in the little guy. The doctor said everything looks great and that he's a healthy 7lbs! Uhhh...say that again? SEVEN POUNDS?! I still have the whole month of March until my due date!


Soooo...with that thought stewing...I gave my weekly sample and met with the nurse. She jotted down all of my medical history, took my vitals, got my weight, and chatted about hemophilia. As we talked, Dr. H came in to say he was moving my due date from March 27 to March 23! (yay!) He went on to say that if we didn't change the date...by March 27 the baby would be giant! (thank you Dr. H!)

He leaves, and the nurse looks at the calendar on the wall and says, "That means we'll induce you a week before on the 16th." Induce?! I didn't realize we were doing that! AND the 16th!! That's just around the corner!! A goofy smile spread across my face...we get to meet baby Stevie SOON!

Then, as I met with Dr. H, he explained that since we live an hour and half away from the hospital and that we potentially may have complications in regards to the hemophilia (especially with the giant buddha baby) it would be best to induce me.

My next question for him was...can I have an epidural?! I hear the pitocin contractions are pretty rough!

So...let the count down begin!




9 comments:

Kent Family said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting!!!

Josh and Megan said...

oh my gosh!!!! How exciting for you two!!! I remember at my 36 week appt i was told that I was dialated to a 1 and effaced 50%....long story, but I came 2 weeks early because I was just ready to go and I remember that feeling of....FINALLY!!!!!! I GET TO MEET HIM AND SEE WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE!!!
WOOWOOOOOO!!!!!
COngrats Rus and Lisa!!!

Aud Pod said...

I was induced with my first two and it was a great experience. How exciting!

Ryan n Heidi said...

WOW oh WOW!!! How exciting! Cannot wait to meet this little guy!! You will do great and all will be well- I just know it!!! So happy for you guys- blessings upon you!

Amanda said...

Umm...I totally think you should name him Stevie. I think it's cute!

Walling Family said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!
Pack something green just in case he is born on the 17th!

The Duckers said...

I can't believe it's so close!! I'm so excited to see pictures of him and to find out his name!?! Time to finish everything up and just wait!!
CONGRATS ON THE BIG NEWS!

The Stephenson Family said...

Wa-HOOOO!!! I was induced and yes, the contractions were somethin' else...but I don't even think about it anymore! It's NOTHING compared to the joy you have every single day with your little one! YAY! CONGRATS!!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

YAY!!! He's almost here!!!! I can't wait to meet baby "STEVIE" soon!!!! I mainly can't wait to hear about his healthy...hemophilia or not? I'm just anxious to know. Probably not as anxious as you guys though. LOVE YOU!!!!